Most of us have a common problem of snoring. Apart from our own disturbed sleep, it also causes a lot of inconvenience to people around us. This is an uncontrollable condition where a sound is generated due to interruption or obstacle in air movement during breathing while sleeping. Although not necessarily always but it can be starting symptom of obstructive sleep Apnea. A very effective invention made to help people get over with this problem are the anti-snoring appliances which may include mouthpieces, nose clips, and other oral devices. zquiet is one of the most popular product in the range of anti-snoring equipment. As per the study in www.webmd.com, Therapy using these oral anti snoring products are more effective and cost efficient then surgeries.
Some of the benefits of using anti snoring mouthpieces are:
1. Convenient to use and maintain: These appliances are very comfortable and need to be worn every time during sleep. They actually support the upper and lower jaws in a forward position and keeps the tongue in its place to allow the upper airway to open smoothly hence reduces snoring drastically. They are slightly modified and customized to set nicely into your jaw structure They can be easily cleaned using light soap and water occasionally, and by just rinsing it with running water before every use.
2. Can treat mild and moderate cases of sleep Apnea: Sleep Apnea is a major sleep disorder, wherein the breathing pauses for few seconds or minutes during sleep. This is a critical problem wherein the brain and rest of the body do not get enough oxygen sometimes which can be fatal in some cases. Mild and moderate sleep Apnea problem can be handled to a certain extent by using these mouthpieces. For extreme cases, continuous positive airway pressure therapy is used.
3. These devices are mobile and portable: With a size as of a retainer, oral anti snoring equipment is very easy and convenient to be carried along anywhere. Unlike CPAP which is cumbersome and comparatively bigger in size.
4. There are health benefits: Although snoring is not considered a medical problem, prolonged snoring habits causes blockage in the throat, which in turn forces us to breathe from the mouth which may result in ailments like lung infections. Also, due to irregular supply of oxygen, this may cause strokes or heart failures.
5. Offers non- invasive recovery option: Unlike surgeries which are cost-intensive and also does not offer surety of complete improvement. Further, there are chances of side effects and other sought of infections. These mouthpieces are cheaper and provide a scope to try various options before finding the device which actually cures your problem.
6. You get insurance cover for these devices: Anti snoring equipment is largely prescribed by doctors’ world over as a treatment for snoring and Sleep Apnea. Hence, it has been considered as a necessary medical equipment and is covered by most of the insurance companies.
Snoring is a condition which is not taken seriously by all of us. But if left untreated for long, it may take a toll on our physical and mental health. So why to live with a risk to develop any medical ailment and cause inconvenience to people around us. Use these devices and get a peaceful, healthy sleep every night.